As a patient-focused organization, the University of Utah Health Care exists to enhance the health and well-being of people through patient care, research and education. Success in this mission requires a culture of collaboration, excellence, leadership, and respect. University of Utah Health Care seeks staff that are committed to the values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, responsibility, diversity, integrity, quality and trust that are integral to our mission. EO/AA
The department is responsible for keeping and maintaining a job description within their department that reflects the specific qualifications, essential functions and knowledge, skills and abilities required for the position as it is used within in their department.
Will provide high quality cost effective clinical care to patients within the scope of their specialty. Reports to the Health Center Medical Director and the UUMG Community Physician Group Executive Medical Director.
Required Doctorate of Optometry.
Provider will provide clinical services to University of Utah Health patients in a manner consistent with the scope of practice and quality of care standards applicable to Provider’s training and specialty. As an employee of the University of Utah Health, Provider will be required to:
• comply with all applicable policies, procedures, practices, requirements and standards of the University of Utah and the Community Clinics;
• comply with all directives of the Medical Director relating to Provider’s employment;
• comply with all applicable laws and canons of professional ethics;
• comply with all other requirements of the standard employment agreement.
• Provider must hold a valid and unrestricted license to practice optometry in the State of Utah.
• Provider must maintain membership in good standing on the medical staff of such hospitals as the Medical Director may request, with no suspension, diminution or loss of such privileges for a period in excess of thirty (30) days.
• Provider must have and maintain U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency number without any suspension, diminution or revocation.
• Provider must meet all the qualifications to participate in the Medicare and Medicaid programs or any similar government-funded health care program.
• Provider must maintain a practice of medicine consistent with recognized standards of medical care and perform all activities in accordance with those standards.
• Provider shall meet all qualifications to participate in programs maintained by Community Clinics for professional malpractice liability coverage for its employed physicians.
Clinical Care. Physician based FTE. FTE = 40 patient contact hours for full time employment. Benefits are pro-rated for hours worked/full time equivalent status.
*Part time: Three- quarter time = 30 hours per week minimum
*Full-time: 40 hours
*Any other FTE status must be agreed upon and meet the needs of clinical practice.
Administrative Duties. Providers must perform and/or participate in any administrative duties, training programs, and other requirements of Community Clinics which may be ancillary to the providing of clinical care, as necessary to perform Provider’s professional functions.
Meeting Attendance. Every effort should be made to attend Health Center’s provider meetings.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by providers within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of providers assigned to the job.
Employee must be able to meet the following requirements with or without an accommodation.